Daybreak Community Programs
Welcome to our family resource program! Daybreak Community Programs is all about families, children, parents and play. We work with community partners to provide safe places for families with young children to learn and grow together.
Here is a quick look at what we offer. Please see the Daybreak Community Calendar and join the Daybreak Community Facebook Group for dates and times!.
Drop-in Play Programs
- Bishop Abraham Family Resource Centre
- St. Andrew’s Active Play
- Outdoor Play (Bannerman Park Program)
- St. Thomas Playgroup
- The Lantern Baby and Me Group
- Little Veggies Program (seasonal)
Our drop-in programs are play-based and offer children a safe place to explore the world around them. We offer a small snack for children at all our programs. Plus the coffee and tea are always on for the adults.
- Parent Child Mother Goose Program
- Community Connections (hands-on support for new comer families)
- Sharing Joy (peer support group for new comer mothers)
- Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program
We offer a variety of parenting programs that include evidence-based programs (Nobody’s Perfect) and peer support groups (i.e., Sharing Joy) . We are always looking for new ideas and invite parents and childcare providers to let us know what they are interested in learning.
Prenatal and Infant Support Programs
- Healthy Baby Club for Newcomer Women
- Healthy Baby Club for Youth
- Healthy Baby Club for Daybreak families
- The Lantern Baby and Me group (post-natal support for families with infants up to steady walking)
Parents need support right from the start. Our pre-natal programs provide support to young and newcomer parents through-out their pregnancy and for a postnatal period.
What People Have to Say
The following are quotes from parents and childcare providers who attend our programs.
“It’s nice to have a safe play space for the children while parents can drink coffee and relate to one another. These playgroups are a need not a want. Life would have been much, much harder without them. My kids and I very much look forward to them.”
“Cooking with Kids was an excellent opportunity to get my child exposed to different foods. Great group.”
“Daybreak playgroup has impacted my life in a positive way; having access to free play groups is an amazing thing for parents and care givers. We appreciate everything that is provided from the coffee, snacks conversations and support. Thank-you”